Save HTTP !
... because some people need it.
What is this about?
The simple old HTTP web protocol (the dialog used by browsers to fetch
web pages from servers) is getting exterminated by ever more web admins.
By blocking it, or usually redirecting it to HTTPS. This is
meanwhile the case at over 90% of all web sites.
Reason for this, by their statements, is that they, out of fear of the
state, want to encrypt everything (which HTTPS does). They not only
do this with their own web traffic, and offer it to others for
facultative use. Rather they are also forcing it onto all others, no
matter whether these want it or are even capable of using it. Those who
do not comply, simply get thrown out of over 90% of the web!
Who are affected by this?
- All those without updates for their existing devices.
- All those who can not afford to buy new devices or do not want to do
- All those with difficult to replace special equipment for disabled
- All those for whom updates or new devices worsen their
- All those who prefer robust simple retro computers.
- All those who use comprehensible simple learning computers.
- All those who use up existing hardware first, because of
- All those who want to boycott China, so do not buy
- All those who as web archivers need data access for a web cache
How many are affected by this?
- Estimated 3 to 10% of all web users.
- With 300 to 1000 million Internet users that is about
15 to 50 million.
- All of which adds up to massive damage!
What can one do against this?
Attempts, to bring these web admins to their senses, have failed for over
2 years. More then 90% of the addressed have completely refused to
take notice of any arguments.
Because of this situation, this awareness campaign is now
being run, to inform the affected and others helping them.
Aim is, to spread this campaign, to reach the employers of the
web admins. They are losing the above affected as readers and
potential customers, sabotaged by the behaviour of their admins. They
therefore have an interest, and are in a position, to take action against
such web admins.
More Details about all this on the Website: