10. When filling out your driver's license application you give your IP address.
9. You no longer ask prospective dates what their sign is, instead your line is "Hi, what's your URL?"
8. Instead of calling you to dinner, your spouse sends email.
7. You're amazed to find out spam is a food.
6. You "ping" people to see if they're awake, "finger" them to find out how they are, and "AYT" them to make sure they're listening to you.
5. You search the Net endlessly hoping to win every silly free T-shirt contest.
4. You introduce your wife as "my firstname.lastname@example.org" and refer to your children as "client applications".
3. At social functions you introduce your husband as "my domain server".
2. After winning the office super bowl pool you blurt out, "I feel so "colon-right parentheses!"
...And the number one sign you are an Internet Geek:
1. Two Words: "Pizza's Here!".
You think this last one's not so funny? Then you haven't seen the file "God Made Pizza, But The Devil Put Anchovies On It" on the IH8PCs WWW site under Other Reasons To Hate Computers.
This was passed on to me by Dan Nichols, a fellow Net Geek. I know because I've seen the pizza boxes.
Thomas R. Fasulo, Editor
I HATE COMPUTERS Newsletter