Why the Internet is like a Vagina
Why The Internet Is Like a Vagina
- The more people use it the bigger it gets.
- If you play with it too much you can go blind.
- You wouldn't *believe* the things people put in there!
- Some people think they know how to move around in it, but they
really can't interface.
- In the long-distant past, its only purpose was to recieve information
considered vital to the survival of the species. Some people still
think that's the only thing it should be used for, but most folks
today use it for fun most of the time.
- It has no conscience and no memory. Left to its own devices, it will
just do the same damn dumb things it did before.
- It provides a way to interact with other people. Some people take
this interaction very seriously, others treat it as a lark.
Sometimes it's hard to tell what kind of person you're dealing
with until it's too late.
- If you don't apply the appropriate protective measures, it can spread
- It has no brain of its own. Instead, it uses yours. If you use it
too much, you'll find it becomes more and more difficult to
- You think you're just playing around, but you can get involved in
something that takes nine months to finish.
- The part you see is actually just the front end of a very complicated
- If you're not careful what you do with it, it can get you in big
- It has its own agenda. Somehow, no matter how good your intentions,
it will warp your behavior. Later you may ask yourself "why on
earth did I do that?"
- Some folks have it, some don't.
- Those who have it think that those who don't have it are somehow
- Those who don't have it may agree that it's a nifty toy, but think
it's not worth the fuss that those who do have it make about it.
Still, many of those who don't have it spend all their time
trying to access it.
- Once you've started playing with it, it's hard to stop. Some people
would just play with it all day if they didn't have work to do.
- Some people believe in security and avoiding penetration but others
believe it should be open to all comers.
- Both are subject to hardware dongles.